Science professors at American universities widely regard female undergraduates as less competent than male students with the same accomplishments and skills, a new study by researchers at Yale concluded.
I could’ve told you this based on my undergraduate experience.
Hate to point out the obvious, but if the authorities really wanted to make things better, they would send in thousands of doctors, social workers, teachers and construction workers, not thousands of troops with armoured cars and helicopters.
Geneticists worldwide must investigate a much broader ensemble of populations, including racial and ethnic minorities,” write geneticists led by Carlos Bustamante of Stanford University in a July 14 Nature article. “If we do not, a biased picture will emerge of which variants are important, and genomic medicine will largely benefit a privileged few.
The article continues:
A 2009 review by Duke University geneticist David Goldstein found that 96 percent of all GWAS [genome-wide association studies] genomes came from people of European ancestry. Into that remaining 4 percent is crammed every other racial and ethnic group, though in absolute numbers they represent the vast majority — roughly 80 percent and growing — of humanity.
Is anyone suprised?