I think it’s idiotic to categorize some cross racial cosplays as Brown Facing when the point of cosplaying is to emulate a ‘character’ and not bastardize an entire racial or ethnic group through a caricature.
Or are we suddenly going to act as if we don’t understand what actual brown facing is? And the methods of terrorism and dehumanization that they’re primarily used for?
Online activists of justice - You’re forgetting what racism actually is at this point.
Holy fuck, people. Racism isn’t just calling someone of a different race a slur. Racism is the systematic oppression (use of power to decrease a person or group of people’s life chances) of people based on their race. And using skin color as a prop is most certainly propagating power structures.
13 Notes/ Hide
- komaeda-sexual reblogged this from lion-for-a-mouth
- glory-chan likes this
- orange-juice-blog likes this
- galacticlover likes this
- menacekennedy likes this
- twitchycolt likes this
- nellieblystunad likes this
- lion-for-a-mouth reblogged this from voguedissent and added:
- jadorefashionblog reblogged this from voguedissent
- voguedissent reblogged this from lion-for-a-mouth and added:
- adhomosexual likes this
- lobo47 likes this
- nahchillhomebro likes this
- lion-for-a-mouth posted this