As the film credits started to roll, I couldn’t move. I burst into tears. People walking past me patted me on the back, trying to console me. ‘The Notebook’ was beautiful, and I was crying because its hero and heroine had died together.
But I was also crying because I remembered a Valentine’s Day — when a helicopter dropped a rainfall of roses — that had come and gone … My marriage had died. And there was nothing I could do to bring it back.
I know a lot of guys and girls who love The Notebook, and aside from Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams’s smoking hotness, I don’t understand.
18 Notes/ Hide
- katzevogel likes this
- oneisthelonliestnumber likes this
- delirious-tesselation likes this
- leamberose likes this
- walls-and-fences likes this
- pyrexia likes this
- iiiilkmays reblogged this from disparatre
- disparatre likes this
- disparatre reblogged this from colporteur
- lifewithlaika likes this
- nocrimeinthewasteland likes this
- nighthawke likes this
- robotsdontvomit likes this
- hardtrash reblogged this from voguedissent
- xlackofluxuryx likes this
- voguedissent posted this